Sunday, April 20, 2008

Can Coffee Help Me Lose Weight?

A friend told me that drinking coffee would hinder my weight loss. Is this true?

I drink coffee, love it, and have lost 150 pounds and kept it off for over 15 years. I find it sometimes actually curbs my appetite, but everyone’s different. I am not a doctor or expert, but I have not read any study that says coffee will hinder weight loss, provided you don't load yours up with cream and sugar. Several studies have shown that a moderate amount, two cups a day or so, are not harmful. But more than that might cause problems, especially if you have hypertension (high blood pressure). As always, ask your doctor.

If you have questions for Norris, send them to: asknorris@staff.beliefnet.com

No single approach to weight loss works for everyone. We urge you to consult with your physician before making any significant changes in your eating habits or physical activities to ensure that what you propose for yourself is nutritionally sound, safe, and healthy.

Copyright by Norris J. Chumley, all rights reserved

2 comments:

debpc said...

I am also drinking coffee, but I am not losing any weight. I am always as slim as I have been always! Any scientific analysis?

http://banglatrends.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

i think it's only contribute to weight if take too many times in a day since it's contain a lot of caffeine...